Saturday, January 13, 2007

What the... ?

I found this interesting piece of equipment, nestled in a fine black, leather carrying case, amongst Barbara's things. I think it may have belonged to my father. Can anyone enlighten me on what the heck it is and what it is used for? Huh? Huh?


Jeff said...

I think these are precision proportional dividers. They are used for precision measuring and setting ratio measurements on an architectural plan or other measurements on paper. It can be used for scaling up or down a drawing. They are often used in modeling - railroading, airplanes, etc. See this site:

21 Charles Street said...

How do you know all this? :)