Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's All About The Tools Isn't It...


In the spirit of, feeling a little full of myself about the first renovated room, I thought I would post the second room I finished. The bedroom. This room was, by far, the worst looking. Very depressing dark woodwork, stained walls, cigarette burns on the floor (which are still there) - it never ceases to amaze me how a coat or two of paint can cure most everything. I so love this room which I've tried to keep in a very simple motif and as is my philosophy; the bedroom should always be a place of intimacy and harmony - no tv! Not... no way, never. Anyway - this is it so far. I have two rooms and a foyer left to do, maybe after Christmas. Now if I had Jim's talents the rooms would have crown molding, new wood flooring from some European rare tree source, new airtight windows, and handmade cabinetry. Hey Jim, maybe the twins need a Maine roadtrip for their geography lesson... :)

Tomorrow - I'll share my school with you - as soon as I find a picture of three teachers holding down four different students.

2 comments:

Jim Chandler said...

Tools? Did someone say tools? New tools? I'd do just about anything for new tools...

21 Charles Street said...

Jim, I've DONE just about everything for new tools... or was that Leslie - hmmmmmmm